Linda Brodsky ’74: In Memoriam

Posted March 17th, 2014 at 12:26 pm.

Even as she built a distinguished career as pediatric ear, nose, and throat surgeon, Dr. Linda Brodsky ’74 was a tireless advocate for gender equality in the workplace, founding Women MD Resources.

Brodsky, who practiced in Buffalo, NY, for more than 30 years and also founded an organization to help women physicians fight discrimination, died recently in Cheektowaga, NY.

In 2011, she contributed an op-ed to the Alumnae Bulletin that took on the issue of gender inequity in the medical profession, arguing for a transformed healthcare workplace that would enable “the entire workforce the best chance to deliver the highest-quality healthcare.”

Filed under: 1970s,decades Tags: by mgray

3 Responses to “Linda Brodsky ’74: In Memoriam”

1. Justine Lisser Says:

I am shocked and saddened to learn of Linda’s death. I did not know she was ill. She and I spoke extensively when she was at the beginning of her journey for pay equity in the medical profession and her own wage-based discrimination. I was always sorry and embarrassed that my agency, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, did not do better by her. My condolences to her husband, children, patients and colleagues.

2. Melanie Cree Green Says:

I am sad to hear this news. Dr. Brodsky fought so hard for equal pay for women physicians and her organization had a lot of great ideas and tools to help women by successful with having both families and doctoring. I personally enjoyed my interactions with her and found her work inspiring.

3. Ronald Brinsko,M.D. Says:

I will miss you Linda. Your locker was next to mine at MCP. I always enjoyed our random encounters,